Yes, ginger and oats do make a great combination. The nice toasted oats adds sweetness to some fiery ginger flavour.
This bread can make a great snack during the day with the ginger. Some nice grilled apple slices added some cream cheese or orange zest sprinkled on top.
500g non fat greek yoghurt
2tsp baking soda
20g stem ginger
- Mix it all together and place in 1lb bread tin. No need for hands, just a spoon to mix.
- Bake for 170 deg celsius for 45-50mins, until firm and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and enjoy spread with some honey or a drizzle of ginger syrup with some grilled apple slices.
- Store covered at room temperature for up to 4 days. For longer storage, slice and freeze for up to 2 months.
Some other items you could add into this bread with the stem ginger
seed mix – sesame, poppy, sunflower, linseeds & pumpkin